The National Christian Camping Workshop has been conducted at various campsites across our nation since 1968. The workshop is a rich resource for Christian Camp Workers from across the U.S. and Canada as they gather to share ideas and encourage one another in the ministry of Christian Camping.
2017 Workshop Preview
Jeff Walling will be the Featured Speaker ~ “How to minister to kids today”
Shaun Burrow will be addressing “Counseling/Ministering to campers on the challenging moral issues facing our kids today.”
*There will be other speakers, discussion times, scenic hikes or rides!
*Great food and fellowship.
*Fantastic accommodations are first come first served
*Our 12 new staff rooms will go first!
Camp Blue Haven
505 454 0100
1968 – Camp Indogan Christian Youth Camp – IN
1969 – Camp Indogan Christian Youth Camp – IN
1970 – Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp – OH
1971 – Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp – OH
1972 – Camp Indogan Christian Youth Camp – IN
1973 – Camp Wabashi Christian Youth Camp – IN
1974 – Valley View Christian Youth Camp – TN
1975 – Midwest Bible Camp – IA
1976 – Pettijohn Springs Christian Youth Camp – OK
1977 – No Workshop
1978 – Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp – OH
1979 – Wisconsin Christian Youth Camp – Fall Hall Glen
1980 – Michigan Christian Youth Camp
1981 – Rock Creek Christian Camp – OK
1982 – ? ? ?
1983 – Wisconsin – Fall Hall Glen
1984 – Maywood Christian Camp – AL
1985 – Central Florida Bible Camp
1986 – Florida Bible Camp
1987 – Wisconsin Christian Youth Camp – Fall Hall Glen
1988 – TriState Christian Camp – IL
1989 – Maywood Christian Camp – AL
1990 – Michigan Christian Camp
1991 – Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp – OH
1992 – Camp Blue Haven Christian Youth Camp – NM
1993 – Florida Bible Camp
1994 – Short Mountain Christian Youth Camp – TN
1995 – Maywood Christian Youth Camp – AL
1996 – Idlewild Christian Youth Camp – VA
1997 – Gulf Coast Bible Camp- MS
1998 – Rolling Hills Christian Youth Camp – KY
1999 – Blue Haven Christian Youth Camp – NM
2000 – Michigan Christian Youth Camp
2001 – West of Heaven Christian Youth Camp – OK
2002 – Camp Deer Run Christian Youth Camp – TX
2003 – Fall Hall Glenn Christian Youth Camp – WI
2004 – Camp Yamhill Christian Youth Camp – OR
2005 – Copper Basin Christian Camp – AZ
2006 – Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp – OH
2007 – Central Florida Bible Camp
2008 – Camp Blue Haven Christian Youth Camp – NM
2009 – Camp Bandina Christian Youth Camp – TX
2010 – Tallgrass Christian Camp – KS
2011 – Gulf Coast Bible Camp – MS
2012 – Pettijohn Christian Camp – OK
2013 – Maywood Christian Camp – AL
2014 – Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp – Ohio
2015 – Spring Mill Bible Camp ~ Indiana
2016 – Michigan Christian Youth Camp
Future Workshop Sites
2017 – Camp Blue Haven ~ New Mexico
2018 – Carolina Bible Camp – North Carolina
2019 – Camp Bandina – Texas OR Central Florida Bible Camp
2020 – Tallgrass – Kansas
Want to host a workshop?
If your camp is interested in hosting the National Christian Camping Workshop, please read the criteria for being a host camp.
1. Facilities to accommodate from 75 to 150 people.
2. Facilities available in September.
3. Willingness to underwrite the cost of producing the workshop. The NACC can assist with promotional costs when needed. (Traditionally, registration fees have ranged from $30.00 to $60.00 per person— some camps have special rates for married couples)
4. There are no paid speakers unless the host camp desires to underwrite the expense for special keynoters. (This is a sharing session and the more speakers who can be asked to speak from camps near and far, the better the attendance.)
5. The host camp is responsible for:
a. Selecting a theme
b. Developing a schedule
c. Obtaining speakers and encouraging them to bring handouts
d. Setting date (September – Tuesday evening through Friday morning)
e. Providing food and lodging
f. Advertising (with assistance of NACC)
6. Request for the privilege of hosting the workshop should be presented at a meeting of the NACC which is conducted annually at the workshop.
7. It is MANDATORY that a representative of the host camp be present at the NACC annual meeting at the workshop that precedes their host date. The representative should have a tentative theme and date in a handout form, for discussion and approval at that time.
8. Host camps should be members of the NACC.
9. Willingness to promote and encourage participants to bring items for a silent auction with proceeds going to the NACC or designated special camp related cause.
10. Provide a list of names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and camps represented to all who attend the workshop. (if this list can be handed out on Wednesday night or Thursday morning it helps every one to get acquainted)